Saturday, October 31, 2009

Summer Break this year part 1 (in Hong Kong)

I'm going to write about how I spent the summer break this year.

You know I studied in US between the last year and this year.
Yes, I studied at College of William and Mary for 9 months by mid-May this year.
And then, I flied to my friend's place at Stanford.
I stayed there for three days, and I headed for Jakarta, Indonesia, for a volunteer work.
So, I think I should start telling about my summer break from this point.

I changed my flight first at Hong Kong. I remembered it was very early in the morning that the flight from San Francisco got to Hong Kong's International Airport.
I had almost 4 hours till my next flight, so I went to the downtown in the morning.



There was no one at the station at this morning time...

The train runs every 20 minutes even almost no one uses.

Anyways, I was hurried to go to the center of Hong Kong because of the time for the next flight.







I could see so many tall buildings through the window in the train.
Also, they were packed in a tiny space...

I had heard that more than 40 of 100 tallest buildings on the earth are in Hong Kong, but I truly understood it soon after I took the train.

At the same time, however, I imagined their life. It's good for me to just travel, but it would be so stressful for people who live here.




It was early in the morning, so there are only a few people even in Hong Kong at this time.

When I took this picture, I felt that I came back to Asia. In Asia, there are many artificial stuffs, and many things are in a small space compared to US.
So, I still remember that I felt a bit strange with seeing this place.




















That is the downtown across the river.
This is a famous view of Hong Kong.
I didn't have enough time to come the downtown, so I came by this place and took a pictuere.

After I took pictures, I run to come back to a nearest station...
I could stay here only for 10 or 20 minutes, but it was a good memory now.


Next post is about the short stay in Jakarta...

No comments: