Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Between Real and Freedom

As you know from the title, I exist between real and a kind of freedom now.
The exchange program ends in a month.
So, I have to leave here in a month.
I could realize that's a big thing for me.

I won't be able to meet friends I made here anymore after I leave.
Actually, I could make a lot of close friends here. So, it'll be hard that I will not be able to hang out with them a month from now.
At the same time, I know I have to finish this free situation.
I'm an exchange student and I have nothing that regulates me, which means I'm totally free here.

I can just enjoy the life. It's a good thing, I know..
But, it's not always good thing for me.
Most of my friends since a junior high have already started working.
My friends in the same Biology Department in college are all seniors now.
I need to realize more that I'm spending special time here.
It's possible that I can avoid what I don't want because I'm just an exchange student.
Formally, I'm not a student of both colleges now. It's true.


Yesterday, I sent email to one of my friends in Kanazawa.
We were both in Biology Department.
Now, he is a senior and decided a lab.
He said he spends almost all day in the lab. He goes to the lab in the morning and goes back home in night.
I'm sure that he enjoys the research but he said he spends busy days.
He could tell me what lab other friends chose and are doing now.
I cannot imagine that they are all senior and decided lab and I would be a senior if I'm in Japan now.
They are getting responsibility more and more.

I will have to do a job hunting after I'm back to Japan.
Also, I'll have to decide a lab in which I work in a year.
Now I'm spending free time, but that's the real.
Yeah, I'd better to prepare for the real before I'm back to Japan. Otherwise, I'll be sufferd from the gap.

No comments: