Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Summer Break this year part 5

I am going to write about what I did and experienced from the internship for three months.
The name of the company is "Social Groupware."
Some people have never heard of groupware. So, I briefly explain it here.
All workers can communicate each other through groupware. They can share what they need in their job on groupware, such as schedule, reports, and task.
The company sells the product on the internet. Some people might know the current popular IT word "Cloud." Our service was based on Cloud and we sold them through the internet.

The company is now a startup and small.
Actually, the company is a subsidary company of GaiaX which is listed in the Section. So, GaiaX owns 100% stocks of our company.
President is also the same in both companies, but the president mainly works at Social Groupware. It is because he believes the company will grow a lot.
It was good for me to work for this company, the company's size is small but other employees were all smart. In addition, I had a lot of chance to work with president.
I was officially hired as a sales stuff, but I had a lot of work other than sales.
I could have been a head intern a month after I started working. So fortunately, I could get important jobs than other interns had.
It was hard for me to do both at the same time. I had my own jobs, and I need to teach them.
Therefore, I often stayed in the company and worked until midnight. Sometime, I worked until 3 or 4 am.
However, it was definitely good for me to be absorbed in the work and it was the time when I developed myself.
I'm not sure that I can do the same hard work now...

However, why I could work so hard for three months.
I have a big reason for this.
First, I knew that I needed to succeed in the intern to make my dream come true in the future.
My dream is to live and work in Silicon Valley in my 30's.
I know that it's a big dream.
However, I also know that I will not be able to fulfill my dream if I do the same thing with others. I need a success in career to fulfill my dream.
Everytime when I wanted to escape from hard work, I said to myself that I am the man who will work at Silicon Valley in the future so I cannot leave without doing anything.
My friends said that I worked too much. I knew it and I liked to choose the easier way. However, I need to work because I had and still have my lifelong dream.



I tried to remember this year's summer break as much as I could, and mainly wrote about what I learned from those experience.
From the next time, I will get my blog back to a diary.

No comments: