Sunday, July 31, 2011

Officially done with all the training curriculum for new employees.

I'm finally done with the job training the last Friday.
As I wrote in the last post, the actual work is starting from August 1st which is tomorrow!!

Yeah, the long-lasted training finally finished..
I worked on a group project in which I collaborated with 5 other members the last 1 and half months.
We built a web system in the project, and I was a leader in the group.

To tell the truth, the period was one of the hardest time in the last couple of years.
I realized how difficult to be a leader in a project in work.
I have experienced the role of leader many times since I was a kid, but I hadn't got a big responsibility in those experiences and I think the biggest reason was we were all students.

This time,however, it was a lot different.
We experienced working at a company, and not at school for the first time in our lives.
As the time goes by, it was obvious that the atmosphere of the group had become worse, and it influenced the morale of members.

I also sometimes felt like I am powerless to what I couldn't get the things forward.
I had always thought how I can solve this critical problem and make a better team even when I relax at home.

So, I think I learned so many important things the last 1and half months or so, and probably I couldn't have experienced them if I were still a student.


Yeah, and about the result.
We could make the system in time and it was what we expected to make first.
We were all relieved to end up with a good result.


Also, we had a presentation in each group in the last day of the training period, and our team got the 1st prize in that event!
I was so happy that our presentation was highly evaluated in the end, and especially as a leader.

In the closing time, only I had to make a speech to in front of managers of the company as a representative of new employees.
They were all good experiences in the last couple of months.

I want to start my own business in the future, but it was definitely good for me to have experienced the teamplay.
Again, I realized we cannot do anything alone, and we thank each other.

No comments: