Sunday, June 7, 2009

can't sleep....

It's already at 4:30 am, but I'm not sleepy at all. I can't sleep, and will not sleep tonight...
Although I must be tired, I cannot sleep... why??

I walked a lot today.
I left my room at 11 pm, and went to Yokohama Station. I hung out there, and then went to Kawasaki and took a rest. After that, I went to Tokyo (Shiodome, Ginza, Marunouchi, and Shinjuku)
Honestly, I didn't want to walk any more when I got to Shinjuku.
However, I had things that I had to do at those places today.

Although I could have a seat in a train on my way back home finally, I gave the seat to an old woman. She really appreciated me. And then, we had a lot of conversations in the train maybe for 25 minutes.
It was a really good conversation. We both enjoyed that.
Although I was tired then, I didn't feel tired while we were talking. Also, I didn't notice that we kept talking for 25 minutes.
After we talked, she said to me that I should become a politician... I don't know how much she was serious, but she said she wants me to change the politics of Japan.
Exactly, the politics is so bad in Japan now.
Many people cannot trust politics because of a lot of scandals and opaqueness. Also, politics have a lot of dark aspects which we cannot see.

Two of my friends want to become a politician in the future. But, the case is very interesting.
One goes to Keio University, the best private college in Japan, and majors in law. He has really a good personality and can get along with everyone with his great character. He really wants to become a politician, but he doesn't know how he can be. He has no connections.
The other goes to College of William and Mary. On the contrary, his grandfather was an executive at a big and famous company. His grandfather has a lot of connections, and he found an opportunity for an internship for his grandchild over summer break. Usually,there are no such opportunities for students, but he could get it.

This is very unequal. In this field, they don't give an equal opportunities for all people. Those who have connections can get the job related to politics and become politicians.
Considered those two of my friends' personalities, I definitely want the Keio student who has no connections to become a politician. He has a common sense. Without saying, he has a great personality and can attract people.
But the politics is very unfair. The latter person has much more opportunity to become a politician in the future unfortunately...
That's the part of reason that people can't trust politicians and politics itself.


Wow,,, I complained a lot...

I change the topic now.
I started Flickr!!! I'll post photos that I have taken and will take in Japan!!
I'll make good pages!! definitely! and I want my friends and other people to enjoy them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shotakikuoka/
This is the URL, please visit!!
It's not good now, but I'll make it better!

No comments: