Saturday, June 27, 2009

working too much?

To begin with, I worked a lot this week.
I worked until at 1:30 at night on Monday, and slept on a mat at the company.
Other days, I worked until 10:00 or more..
I went back home only to take a sleep.. I went to bed at 1 at night or later everyday this week.

I enjoy the work now.
Other workers trust me and give me a lot of work and I can also work for a new project.
It's so much fun to work, though I work so hard everyday.
I'm doing well so far.
I went to a consulting firm to sell our product, and I talked to a president of the company.
It was my first time to do that all by myself. I think I did it pretty well.
So far, I'm doing pretty good in the work. I develop my skill every day, and my performance is good so far, I think.

But, I don't think it's a good thing to work so hard.
Not only me, but also other workers work as much as I do. Many of them work until late at night and come to work early in the morning.
However, how can they find thier happiness? What do they work for?
They might find their happiness in thier work, but what else do they have other than the job?
Are they really happy?
This idea is very extreem, and I know that.
Personally, I don't want to work so hard in the future as much as they do.
I want to work for my happiness. I want to work to be happy.
If we don't have a job, it's very hard to find the purpose of our life or exsitence.
At the same time, however, it's also so hard to find the same things if we work too much. We might consider why we are working so hard; is is for ourselves? or for the company?

Now, I can work a lot because I'm not a regular worker.
Although my work is same with other regular workers, I am just an internship student.
I can't work for 14 hours or more everyday for a long time. I will lose my character and sense if I work so hard.
Eventually, it's so hard to find my happiness in my daily life.

I start a job hunting soon in this year.
I will work hard but I'm going to chrish my own time. So that, I can find the meaning of work.

No comments: