Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Spring Break

I'm working volunteer in spring break.
I could get the chance the last night.

Fortunately, my friend who applied to at the same time could also get it.
So, we can work together.

I'll work volunteer whole spring break, on March 7th to 15th.
The place is Petersburg, VA. Petersburg is located 30 minutes drive south from Richmond, which means it's close to Williamsburg where I am.
We will stay in a house in Petersburg, not going back to Williamsburg. The activity is establishing houses for poor people there.
I heard Petersburg is the most devastated city in Virginia.

However, the volunteer is not so serious.
Of course, we work for them. However, we can enjoy after the work with other 10 members.

We have meetings 4 times before we go there, and we have a first meeting next week.



At the same time, however, I abondoned to go to California in spring break.
I really want to visit West Coast cities, especially Los Angels and San Francisco.
And, I'd like to meet my friend with whom I became friend in Chicago. He is in Stanford.
But, I go there and meet him while I'm in America. Maybe when I leave America, I will drop by California.


I believe I can have a great experience there.
It is a good opportunity to work with other members, and I can see the social problem with my eyes. Also I will be able to get a fulfilment.
And, I can save money, though I paid $250 for the program.

Anyway, I have so many things to do this semester.....
Write down what I do in my last semester.
The number is priority.


1. Study for classes (of course!!!)
I really try to get straight As' in this semester!!
Now, I'm completely used to the system here and I can concentrate on my study.

2. Apply for internship abroad or volunteer abroad
Now, I'm contacting both.
And, I'm waiting for reply from volunteer organization.
I applied for 4 months volunteer program in Indonesia or Thailand.
I sent application form on Monday. My friend and a professor in my college could become a reference and recommend me for that program.
I appreciate them.

3. Activity in investment club
I joined an investment club.
The club seems so interesting!!

4. Volunteer in spring break

5. Activity in entrepreneurship club
Also, I joined entrepreneurship club from this semester.
I talked with president of the club, and he asked me to become an excutive after our conference!
But, I don't know how much I'll be absorbed in this club.
The word "Entrepreneur" is very attractive to me.
But, I didn't feel the club is appealing...


There are many things to do....
I believe I can make it all of them!!!!

No comments: