Saturday, January 31, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

I watched "Slumdog Millionaire" the last night.
Actually, it was a great movie.

I watched "Benjamin Button" and "Gran Torino" over the winter break.
However, Slumdog Millionaire is the best movie in those three.

First, the movie shows the real India with special effect.
Houses are packed and they are dirty.
It is the real India.
We are absorbed in the movie from the first.
Of course, the story itself is amazing.

Moreover, I was thinking about Indonesia where I'm going in this summer.
Scenes in the movie were shocking. As I wrote, there are too many houses and people, and the city is dirty.
I know the situation is similar in developing countries.
I need to make myself prepare before I go to Indonesia.


The movie Slumdog Millionaire is produced by a British filmmaker. The total budget is only $15 million.
On contrast, the total budget of Gran Torino is $33 million and Benjamin Button is $150.
However, Slumdog Millionare is the best in those movies.
How they could make such a good movie with a low budget! amazing!!

No comments: