Thursday, January 29, 2009

Volunteer in Jakarta!!

Good news! I got an acceptance from a volunteer organization, IHF this morning.
I'm going to work volunteer from May 20th to September 20th, just for 4 months!!

Maybe, I will teach math to poor children there.
Not only teaching math, but also I have many tasks in that volunteer program.
I will work with advertising, looking for new sponsers, keeping touch with sponsers, etc.


About the organization;
The organization is non-profit one. The government admits the organization, but doesn't support it.

Life there;
I'll live in a facility in which poor children and staffs are living.
Most children have sponsers in the country or other countries.
I'll pay $50 per week, which covers accommodation and every meal.
So, in total, I pay $200 per month.
In addition, I have to buy the air ticket by myself.
It is because the organization itself isn't getting profits.


Work;
I haven't known exactly about my work there yet.
As I wrote above, probably I'll teach math to children.
Therefore, I might need to study math a little bit before I go there.


By the way, I checked the information of Indonesia and air ticket.
Probably, I will go back to Japan on May 14th.
My last final exam finishes on May 13th.
I will stay in Japan only for 4 or 5 days, and leave for Jakarta on 19th or 20th.
Schedule is so tight...

But, I haven't decided yet.
I might go to Jakarta directly from America.
Actually, it's so cool. But, at the same time, I want to see my friends in Japan and relax in my house...

Anyway, I'll have been busy by September 20th, though I will be busy even after I'm back to Japan....

It has passed 5 months since I came to America. But, I have another 7 months before I'm truely back to Japan.
So Excited!!

No comments: