Saturday, February 28, 2009

Possibilities of computer

One of the biggest differences between US and Japan is the prevalence of computer.
In US, people spend much more time with their PC, compared with people in Japan.
They carry their laptop almost everywhere, and they can access to the internet in a lot of places.

Almost half of my friends in Japan did not have internet access environment in their appartment when I left Japan. They used laptops just for writing papers.
Most people couldn't type as fast as Americans do, because they don't spend time with PC.
Moreover, most of my friends didn't have their email address on PC. They sent email only with their cell phones.

I don't say I'm good at using computer.
Honestly, I'm very avarage in that in US.
However, my friends thought I'm very good at computer. They relied on me when they had to use computer, and I often taught them very fandamental knowledge.

Japan is famous for its technology.
Many foreigners misunderstand that we are all good at technology or computers.

Only some people might be very good, but most of us don't know even how to use them.


I'm not pessimistic about that. Rather, I think this is a big business chance for market in Japan.
It is because there are many possibilities that the market can grow.
I estimate people in Japan will spend more time with computers.
As a result, it is possible that something different type of SNS appears and gets popular, such as we show pictures and post comments on them.
People will get to watch video or TV programs on the internet.

Especially, I'm thinking that the use of internet for academic thing will become more popular.
People will search everything on the internet.
They will get news more from the articles on the internet.
Moreover, they don't need to buy electronic dictionary to look up for vocaburalies.

Of course, this senario includes the development of software, hardware and search engines themselves.
We can get lighter laptops with a long-life battery.
The time for starting computers will be shorten.
These things mean that we can use computers anytime without caring about the place and time.


Especially, I've been thinking that translation function will be the biggest matter.
You might know that sentences translated on the internet are too awkward to be read or very hard to read.
There are abandont amounts of resources in the world of internet.
It is obvious that the inovation of internet accelerated the globalization and is still accelerating.
The world is getting smaller. However, we still have a big barrier of "language."
If we invent an effective translation soft, the globalization will be accelerated much faster.

Now, most Japanese access to website which is written in Japanese. So, the information is not always new. In addition, those news are limited because people don't translate every articles to Japanese.
It's enough if they get a reliable translator from English to Japanese and from Japanese to English.
If they have a good translator online, all people in Japan can get a chance to have information as Americans have at the same time.


Now, I'm studying programming by myself.
I'm thinking the skill is necessary for my career.
I don't need professional skill, but I need fandamental one that helps me to write source cords.


Oh, this is a long article.... I was absorbed in writing it, so I didn't notice that I wrote such a long one.

No comments: